Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Exult, let them exult. . . (Easter Vigil 2023)

 In 2008, I followed Jesus as He led me home to Rome at the #EasterVigil. Last year, I had the blessed opportunity to carry the Paschal Candle. Then this year, fifteen years later, I had the blessed opportunity to sing the #Exsultet, or #EasterProclamation. 🎼🎵🎶

I am grateful to Deacon Dan Lupo, my Co-Director of Diaconal Formation at the time, who put on a workshop before Ordination, in 2019, to help us with the Exsultet. He also shared several wonderful #YouTube videos that I used when I started preparing with earnest at the start of #Lent back in February. #diakonia

Most of all, I am grateful to Fr. Charlie who suggested that I go see our Coordinators of Music - Ben and Liliana - for pointers. That was the first time that I sang the Exsultet in front of someone other than my wife. Moreover, the tips that Ben shared with me were invaluable and helped me tremendously the night of the Easter Vigil. 🙏🕊❤️

After one final practice with Ben an hour before the Vigil, I went before the Blessed Sacrament and prayed. I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit from the time Fr. Rito offered to hold my candle for me to the blessing from Fr. Charlie to my incensing the Exsultet and Easter candle to the the #Amen at the end of the Exsultet. I was nervous yet I felt at peace and filled with joy.

We have been blessed the past 3 years with Fr. Piega and Fr. John who sang the Exsultet so beautifully for us. I am glad for the opportunity to follow in their footsteps to give God praise and glory in such a special way. 🎼🎵🎶🙏🕊❤️ #Exult, let them exult. . .




No comments:

Post a Comment

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...