Friday, March 24, 2023

Ngon Quá Foodie Blog: JINYA Ramen

When I think of comfort food, phở and ramen come to mind immediately for me. I enjoyed a large bowl of phở earlier this week before my meeting at the parish. The next day, my wife and I enjoyed some ramen at our favorite ramen noodle house - JINYA Ramen Bar in The Domain North (https://www.jinyaramenbar.com/). I have had the JINYA Tonkotsu Black, Tonkotsu Spicy, and JINYA Tonkotsu Original 2010, in past visits. Last summer, they had a chef special cold noodle bowl was refreshing and delicious, great on a hot day in Texas.

This time around, the chef special is the Suan-La-Tang Tsukemen. Here is the description from their wed-site: Thick noodles served with a side of rich hot-and-sour pork broth topped with pork soboro, green onion, shiitake mushroom, bamboo shoot, seasoned egg, bokchoy, nori, sesame seed and lime.

The ramen noodles were al dente just how I like them. The egg yolk was not running but I was okay with that. I added the spicy bean sprouts because I can eat bean sprouts with anything noodles. The both was spicy and full of umami but, after a few spoonful, it tasted a but salty to me. Perhaps its because I have cut out so much sodium in my diet that it tasted too salty to me (so you be your own judge).

It was fun putting the noodles into the broth and then slurping a spoonful of noodles, broth, and the port soboro (ground pork). Overall, I really enjoyed the chef special. JINYA Ramen Bar is our go-to for ramen in Austin. The Domain North is also a happening place so it is nice to walk off the ramen noodle soup bowl afterwards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...