Thursday, July 18, 2024

Dearest Goddaughter (LTR-91) - Come to Jesus

Dearest Goddaughter,

This morning, as I entered the sanctuary of Saint Mary Cathedral for Mass, I saw one of the regular daily Communicants and said hi to her and asked her how she was. She responded with a one word answer: "Tired." I thought to myself, "Same here, my friend, same here." I almost did not make it to Mass this morning because I was tired and had a hard time waking up.

We are all tired. To us, Jesus says, "Come to me." Some of us are tired physically, especially parents who are caring for their children or adult children caring for their elderly parents. To us, Jesus says, "Come to me." Some of us are tired mentally or emotionally, especially those who are stressed, depressed, or suffering from some mental illness. To us, Jesus says, "Come to me." Some of us are tired spiritually, beat down by temptation and sin that seems too hard to overcome. To us, Jesus says, "Come to me."

No matter the challenges or difficulties that we are facing in life, let us never forget these words of Lord and Savior Jesus Christ: "Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light." Jesus sees us. He gets us. He feels our pain. He knows our hearts. So, let us go to Jesus with confidence in the Father's love and mercy for us and allow his healing power to overcome us and renew us.

Love,

Bỏ Phúc

P.S. These are the readings for the day: Is 26:7-9, 12, 16-19 and Mt 11:28-30 (see below).
. . .
Jesus said:
"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."



1 comment:

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...