Monday, February 12, 2024

Dearest Goddaughter (LTR-54) - Signs

Dearest Goddaughter,

What signs do you seek from God? For me, I ask God to help me know that I am doing His will. I understand this to be discernment - when I align my will with His will. I discerned the Diaconate for 6 years before Ordination.

I tell the engaged couples who come to us for marriage class that, while the man had already "popped the question," their engagement period is a time of discernment. A time to pray together and for each other for God's blessing on their relationship and ask the Holy Spirit to strengthen their bond, forgive where there is unforgiveness, and for Jesus Christ to show them how to love each other in a deeper way, renewed in their faith in the Father.

This is the sign that we ought to ask from God, "thy will be done" as we pray in the Lord's Prayer. When our will is align with God's will for us, we will feel a supernatural peace and joy in our lives.

Love,

Bỏ Phúc

P.S. These are the readings for the day: Jas 1:1-11 and Mk 8:11-13 (below).
. . .
The Pharisees came forward and began to argue with Jesus,
seeking from him a sign from heaven to test him.
He sighed from the depth of his spirit and said,
"Why does this generation seek a sign?
Amen, I say to you, no sign will be given to this generation."
Then he left them, got into the boat again,
and went off to the other shore.



1 comment:

  1. Click to listen: https://phucphan.podbean.com/e/gospel-reflection-2122024-signs/

    ReplyDelete

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...