Monday, October 10, 2022

Your faith has saved you

Sisters and brothers in Christ, these two verses in Today's Gospel struck me. First, the ten lepers cried out to the Lord, say: "Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!". And then, we read that "one of them, realizing he had been healed, returned, glorifying God in a loud voice; and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him."

As I reflected on these verses, I thought of myself and when I pray. I wonder to myself, do I pray with expectant confidence that God will answer my prayers, according to His will and plan? Or am I like Naaman, in today's first reading, who was skeptical under God healed him of his leprosy and then he believed?

I believe that I pray with expectant faith and hope in God's love and goodness. Most of all, I am mindful of giving God praise and glory for the many blessings and answered prayers in my life but, most all, I thank God for the gift of faith so I do not lose hope because I know that He loves me always.

Therefore, let us be like the Samaritan who asked God to heal him, believed with expectant faith that God would heal him, and then showed God gratitude for His mercy and goodness.
. . .
Gospel of the Day

As Jesus continued his journey to Jerusalem,
he traveled through Samaria and Galilee.
As he was entering a village, ten lepers met him.
They stood at a distance from him and raised their voices, saying,
"Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!"
And when he saw them, he said,
"Go show yourselves to the priests."
As they were going they were cleansed.
And one of them, realizing he had been healed,
returned, glorifying God in a loud voice;
and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him.
He was a Samaritan.
Jesus said in reply,
"Ten were cleansed, were they not?
Where are the other nine?
Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?"
Then he said to him, "Stand up and go;
your faith has saved you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith, the Path that Leads to Jesus Christ

This past weekend, I joined 33 deacons from across the Diocese of Austin for our annual deacons retreat at Cedarbrake Renewal Center in Belt...