Friday, October 21, 2022

Adoration & Youth Ministry (Part 1)

I am excited to assist with a couple of Youth Ministry events in the coming weeks. This Sunday, I have the blessed opportunity to lead our youth group in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. I look forward to helping our youth experience the Real Presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the Eucharist. I do not believe it will be a full Holy Hour but that is okay because the Holy Spirit does not need a lot of time to work in the hearts of the children.

I remember sitting in Buddhist temple many, many years ago and simply meditated while the congregation chanted. While I did not understand what was being chanted, the chanting helped me to meditate. I pray that the children will be attuned to the movement of our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament but it is okay if they get distracted, too, because the Holy Spirit can use whatever is given Him to help us grow closer in our relationship with Christ. Then, next month, I have the blessed opportunity to lead Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament during a Confirmation Retreat.

The other opportunity for me to serve our Youth Ministry will be in a couple of weeks when I will take part in a Panel Discussion on Vocations. I will speak on the Diaconate and answer questions that our youth may have for the panelists. I look forward to it and I pray that the panel discussion will lead many of them to discern vocations, particularly to the priesthood and religious life. The Catholic Church in the U.S. need more priests to shepherd the people of God. I ask for your prayers for our youth and for their discernment of the vocation(s) that God might be calling them to in their lives. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...