Monday, September 5, 2022

First, last, only

(My wife and) I have been journeying with a few couples for marriage spiritual guidance, helping them navigate the joys and challenges of married life. As I was praying for these couples this morning, the Holy Spirit put this in my heart to share with them (and all married couples).

As clergy, priests and deacons have this beautiful prayer where we ask God to help us to participate in the holy sacrifice of the Mass as if it were our first Mass, our last Mass, and our only Mass. Adapting that prayer, I invite all married couples to live your covenantal, sacramental, and vocational marriage as if it were their first day today as husband and wife, their last day together as husband and wife, and their only day together as husband and wife. I encourage them to Invite God to be with them each and every moment of their married and family life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Faith, the Path that Leads to Jesus Christ

This past weekend, I joined 33 deacons from across the Diocese of Austin for our annual deacons retreat at Cedarbrake Renewal Center in Belt...