Sunday, August 14, 2022

Activating Sacramental Graces

Friends, Fr. Charlie Garza often talks about activating the graces we received from the Sacraments to help us in our journey through life. This weekend, I activated the graces of most all Sacraments. . . #diakonia

I activated the graces of the Baptism and Confirmation to encourage men to be courageous in carrying out the mission that God has entrusted to them at their Baptism. I activated the graces of Eucharist and Holy Orders as I led the men during the retreat, encourage them to have the courage to follow our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, even if it causes them discomfort, and to lead their families into a deeper relationship with God. I activated the graces of Matrimony as my wife and I encouraged couples, who are coming to us for Called to be One Marriage Class at Saint Albert the Great, to put God at the center of their relationship and marriage and turn to Him in times of joy and suffering, leaning on each other and on God. #faith #hope #love

It was a busy but grace-filled weekend as I cooperated with the Holy Spirit and channeled my inner Saint Andrew the Apostle and be a "fisher of men" for our Lord Jesus Christ. Remember to activate the graces of the Sacraments you have received and allow God to pour forth His graces to your hearts. . . it will change your life. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...