Thursday, July 14, 2022

Burdened? Jesus will give you rest.

Sisters and brothers in Christ, what weighs on our hearts. What burdens us? Is it feeling of unworthiness? Is it unforgiveness? What keeps us up at nights, tossing and turning? Despair?

Earlier this evening, I prayed over a young mother and she wept. As I prayed for her, I felt the weight of her world that she carries on her shoulders and it wears on her. I ask our Blessed Mother Mary to intercede for this young mother and wrap her in her mantle of love and keep her close to her Immaculate Heart. I prayed that this young mother always has the courage and strength to turn to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in her time of need and firmly believe. . . Jesus, I trust in you.

We turn to God in faith because He is our hope. He loves us. Jesus reminds us of this in today's Gospel, saying: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest."

. . .

Gospel of the Day

Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Deacon Sunday - Homily for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B - 10/13/2024)

Good morning. When Peter said to Jesus: "We have given up everything and followed you," he is sharing with us the reality of a lif...